MV Ambai liveaboard
Komodo and Raja Ampat. Plus the Banda Sea, Forgotten Islands, Alor, Triton Bay
MV Ambai was built in 2012 to take 16 divers. This boat was designed for divers so it has a spacious dive deck with a rear dive platform for easy access to the water or onto one of three dinghy tenders.
Photographers and videographers will appreciate the dedicated camera room as well as the large screen TV in the saloon.
Cabins are twin or double bed formation with AC and en-suite bathrooms.
The prices makes MV Ambai a good value Indo liveaboard.
- Max divers: 16
- 8 double/twin cabins
- 4:1 Guide to diver ratio
- 14 crew
- Multilingual dive staff
- Length: 32m
- Beam: 7.5m
- Cruising speed 8 knots, top speed 10 knots.
- Engines: 1 x 600hp
- 3 compressors, 3 generators
- Nitrox available
- 3 tenders with ladders.
There are 8 cabins for 16 guests. All cabins have private bathrooms and air conditioning. On the lower deck there are 4 double bed cabins and two twin (bunk) bed cabins.
There are 2 more double bed cabins are on the upper deck. Also on the upper deck are the crew quarters, the wheelhouse and the sundeck.
The main deck has an inside saloon and an outside lounge for dining and relaxing with your fellow guests. The dive deck and camera room are also on the main deck.
Food is a mix of Indonesian and International cuisine freshly prepared with the best ingredients.
All dietary preferences can be catered for with advance notice.
Meals are served in the saloon.
Ambai liveaboard schedule and prices
|Dates||Destination||Start / Finish||Price from|
|22-31 Jul 2016||Komodo 9 nights||Labuan Bajo to Bima||€2,390|
|2-11 Aug 2016||Komodo 9 nights||Bima to Labuan Bajo||€2,390|
|14-23 Aug 2016||Komodo 9 nights||Labuan Bajo to Bima||€2,390|
|25 Aug-3 Sep 2016||Komodo 9 nights||Bima to Labuan Bajo||€2,510|
|6-15 Sep 2016||Komodo 9 nights||Labuan Bajo to Bima||€2,390|
|18-27 Sep 2016||Komodo 9 nights||Bima to Labuan Bajo||€2,790|
|10-15 Oct 2016||Komodo 5 nights||Bima to Labuan Bajo||€1,550|
|Komodo 5 nights||Labuan Bajo to Labuan Bajo||full|
|Banda sea||Maumere to Ambon||full|
|Banda sea||Ambon to Kaimana||full|
|Triton bay||Kaimana to Sorong||full|
|11-22 Dec 2016||Raja Ampat 11 nights||Sorong to Sorong||€3,590|
|25 Dec-6 Jan 2016||Raja Ampat 12 nights||Sorong to Sorong||€3,990|
|9-20 Jan 2017||Raja Ampat 11 nights||Sorong to Sorong||€3,590|
|18-28 Feb 2017||Raja Ampat 10 nights||Sorong to Sorong||€3,445|
|2-12 Mar 2017||Raja Ampat 10 nights||Sorong to Sorong||€3,445|
|14-25 Mar 2017||Raja Ampat and Triton Bay 11 nights||Sorong to Kaimana||€3,990|
|27 Mar-7 Apr 2017||Raja Ampat and Triton Bay 11 nights||Kaimana to Sorong||€3,990|
- Accommodation in a double-bed or twin-bed cabin.
- Full board including all soft drinks on board (excluding beer, spirits, wine).
- Three daily dives plus some night dives according to the itinerary. All the dives are subject to weather conditions and transit time. There is no diving on the days of arrival and departure, and there are only 2 dives the day before departure. On relocation cruises, long passage time can reduce the number of dives available.
- Land excursions, according to safari program.
- Transfer from the airport to the boat and back to the nearest airport only (depending on cruise destination).
- National Park Fees
- Scuba diving courses
- Diving and snorkeling gear (see price list)
- Beer, wine and spirits
- Souvenirs, laundry, massage service on board
- Crew gratuities
- Domestic flights, domestic airport-taxes and departure tax
- Dive and travel insurance (compulsory)
To join an Ambai cruise divers must be at least PADI Advanced Open Water (or equivalent) certified with at least 50 logged dives.
10% discount is available for non divers or snorkelers accompanying a diving partner.